what we've been up to

Mostly our days are a mix of work and school and church (which is also my "work") and the Olympics. As the days get a bit warmer though we have been getting out a bit more. Last Saturday some of us went to the zoo while Isaac helped his aunt and uncle with some chores. 









Monday was a holiday for all of us. We got to end the day with a JV soccer scrimmage, the beginning of Isaac's Norman High soccer experience.


And then we all went to work / school yesterday with rain jackets on and discovered mid day that we had made a big mistake. My gloves, which would have been amazing while scraping ice off of the windshield, live in my coat pockets not my rain jacket. I was glad that my ice scraper stays in the car year-round!

Today was an icy stay home day, so I did a bit of sewing while my kids cleaned / hung out on their rooms. I've been working on a couple of scrap quilt projects to try to thin out the scrap bins a bit.

This value quilt project is planned for my bed. I have a little over 60 of these block finished and will likely need 30-40 more. As I cut the 6" squares needed for the half square triangles, it usually leaves me with more scraps. I am trying to turn those into pieces for this quilt:
It will be a smaller quilt than the other but I still have a bit more to add to make it a decent sized quilt for anyone. 

Tomorrow? Another snow day and a birthday and mostly a wait and see kind of day, and then it is supposed to get warmer again so we can all go back outside.

Comments

  1. I love the photos. Family is the best. Adventures are such great memories.
    I have soooo many scraps. I really need to organize and put something together. Your scraps look great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment