October quilt 2--another one for Grace

When I bought the fabric for the little critters quilt, I found a similar version in colors and prints that would be perfect for my daughter. She has a zillion quilts I have made for her, some that she designed even, but now she has one more.



For the backing, I went with a flannel that was not a companion to these fabrics, but coordinated anyway. Bunnies. There was also a bunnies version of the quilt top, but I liked this mix better for her. This version had smaller squares than the little critters one, and that seemed to help with the stretching as I quilted it. There are still some overlapped seams, but my daughter could care less.


So now she has another warm snuggly quilt. Perhaps now I will go back to the two other projects I was working on-- this scrappy strips quilt to use up more of all of those leftovers and this fun froggy flannel


and this flying geese one that still has a long way to go


It always seems best to have a couple to work on here and there, both to break up the monotony of doing the same piecing repeatedly as well as something to do in small chunks as I have time. 

Comments