Two more for June

This weekend I finished up two projects. First up was a scrap quilt. When I made the red one back in February, I had two pieced strips left over. I hung them up for awhile thinking about what to do with them. I ended up pulling one of the patterns I had drawn in my notebook (also in February) while sitting in the waiting room at the pediatrician's office for somebody's well child visit. The floor on the main aisle was tiled in bold stripes of color. So I pulled out more scraps and followed the same pattern.


On the floor pattern, they had included a stripe of teal between the blue and yellow-green. I had used ALL of my teal scraps, so just skipped it.


For the backing and the binding, I tried to use some of my multicolored fabrics that I struggle to use on a quilt. 


It's a lot of color happening but seems to work. 

The second quilt I finished was really just that--a quilt finish. Last fall, someone was cleaning and had given me some of the fabric from her mom. It included a set of quilt blocks, all different but the same fabrics. After thinking about what to do with them, I added some solid off-white blocks to off set and give some balance to all the many patterns. And then it took me awhile to get back to it, but it was finally time.



I will give this back to the family sometime this week--and figure out what I want to make in July!

Comments