Plus quilt for June

This quilt started with a pile of fabric, most of which I think I ordered when a fabric shop was closing. Most of the fabric was fat eighths (9" x 22"), and didn't really fit how I store my fabric. So it really was a pile. I took some time last month and finally spotted a picture of how I could use it in one of the quilts pictured in an ad for Grace Quilting Frames.



A twin sized plus quilt. It was overcast when I took these pictures--sometimes. So the one above is almost washed out and the one below is a bit shady. But I didn't stain the quilt this time!



I made the blocks mostly as a 9-patch, but chose to keep the "cross bar" as a single piece to save a bit of labor and fabric. I also added 2 1/2" solid white strips between the rows of plus blocks to spread them out a bit from each other.




The backing is a turquoise print, which you can see some in the pics. Sort of.




Comments

Post a Comment