Dance and Dash - a March quilt

After my spring break trip (to be blogged soon), I was ready to finish my quilt. If I remember correctly, when we left, I had been able to baste it together, so all that was needed this week was quilting and binding. And a sunny day for pictures.

I used instructions for a 2 x 4 quilt but kept the two halves separate, making it 1 x 4 rectangular blocks. And a ended up with a few rows of off cuts of square 1 x 4, so worked out a layout of 3 rows, 4 rows, 4 rows, and back to three rows, each set apart with the rows of squares. That is probably a little confusing but hopefully the picture helps. 



And the back:



I worked really hard to make sure I created this all from what I had on hand, especially the backing. I do not need to buy fabric for a while and I love digging through what I do have to find a great fabric to finish off the quilt. And in this case, seeing what I could do to make it fit the size needed.

Such a vibrant, colorful quilt, and it makes me ready for more color in my backyard as summer gets here.


Comments