September projects

 

In September I worked on some printing projects with an Alisa Burke online class called Print Make Magic. I am still slowly working through the classes and these are some of my favorites:







I made a couple of baby quilts for a friend of mine who is adopting her twin grandbabies. I made them similar but a little bit different, so they can each have their own. Seems like twins probably get a lot of the same clothing, toys, etc and it was good to just mix it up a little for them.






After that I dug out a storage tub of dress shirts that I had salvaged from our clothes closet a couple of years ago after a big end of season clean out. Salvaged and then stuck in a tub in the corner of my sewing room. I pulled it out once to find a fabric for this baby quilt I made last October and then hadn't looked through them since then. 



I used a quilt pattern I had used before by Sarah Fielke, this simple brick pattern. The back is a bit more freestyle of blue fabrics I pieced together to fit the size I needed, including a few more of the shirt rectangles. 



I have one more quilt using some of the leftovers from this that I will probably finish this month. The quilt top and backing are finished--just need to be basted together and then quilted. 

Comments