January quilts

The colder weather has kept me inside more, which means I had time to finish two quilts in January and start a third. And prep for two more for February. The first finish was a memory quilt, the last of a set of quilts made for several family members from clothing from their parents/grandparents (this one last year and these and these and these and these in 2020). There was one brother who didn't have children to receive a quilt and since I STILL had fabric, I made one more. This one did not have a t-shirt in it, which let the other fabric and the pattern shine a little more. 




I also loved the navy solid with the color mix from the shirts and nightgowns. I used a plaid fabric I had on hand for the backing. 

That month my local quilt shop was having a post-Christmas pre-inventory sale, so I took my Christmas money and bought a few things. I entered their drawing and won a prize package. And that kicked off another quilt, now finished.

the prize pack from Sewciety Quilt Co

The first quilt finished used a mix of the Moonglow and Linear charm packs:





The pattern is called Cirrus by Homemade Emily Jane. I think it was with this quilt that I learned that I could download and listen to Harry Potter on audiobooks from my library. That helped me stay focused and entertained, rather than thinking of some random to do list. Since I've read that series so much, I don't get as frustrated when the noise of the sewing machine makes it hard to hear. I know what is happening in the book. I also hear some of it differently out loud when it is read to me. 

I also pieced together blocks from scraps in this quilt and the top is finished. I even pieced a backing so sometime I should be able to finish it.


Let's see, probably the next finish will be this quilt, made from the Backyard fabric charm pack, plus two more I bought to make a full size quilt. 


And I have made piles of fabric for a few others, a MoleHills quilt for a quilt-along and a baby quilt.



That's enough to keep me busy on our next cold and rainy days!


Comments